To enter your photo in our contest, simply post it on our Reynolds Orthodontics Facebook Timeline and include the hashtag #SummerSelfie … and then ask your friends to Like your photo! The ten photos that receive the most Likes will be chosen as finalists.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
When it comes to taking care of your teeth and long term dental health, a little knowledge goes a long way. The sooner you take care of orthodontic problems such as crowding, spacing, overjets, underbites, and crossbites… the better the chances of keeping your teeth and smile throughout your lifetime. The video below goes a long way in improving your knowledge.
Did you know the average life expectancy today for men is 76 and women 81?
This year, Dr. Mark Reynolds and his Team at Reynolds Orthodontics renew their New Year’s resolution to make sure all their patients wearing braces and Invisalign, along with their families, receive the best quality orthodontic care and customer service available in the Greensboro and Summerfield NC areas. This includes connecting you with the chatter from the American Association of Orthodontics and actual orthodontic patients who completed treatment. In the videos below, they discuss how orthodontic treatment affected their lives.
Did You Know…
- 83% of people believe their teeth are more important to their appearance than hair and eyes according to a survey conducted by Roper ASW in conjunction with ReachMax.
- US consumers spend $100 Billion a year on hair care products and only $50 Billion a year on dentistry. Women spend more money on mascara than any other makeup. What good is great hair and eyes without a great smile and healthy teeth?
- A toothpick is the object most often choked on by Americans
- Smile enhanced procedures outnumbered eyelid surgeries 5 to 1 according to Money Magazine.
- The average woman smiles about 62 times a day! A man? Only 8! Kids laugh around 400 times a day. Grown-ups just 15 and Smilers in school yearbooks are more likely to have successful careers and marriages than poker faced peers.
- 3 cans of soda a day – the number of sodas that increase tooth decay by 62%; 10 to 12 – the number of teaspoons of sugar in an average 12 oz. soda. The average American consumes over 600 cans of soda a year! What happens to your health if you drink 10 cans of soda a day for 1 month? Read this…
- Every year, kids in North America spend close to half a billion dollars on chewing gum
- 45-70 seconds is the amount of time most people brush a day. Time to spend a little more time brushing, don’t you think?
- 18 yards – the amount of floss bought each year per person. 122 yards – the amount of floss that should be bought each year or 1 foot a day.